INSTAGRAM TO FACEBOOK PHOTO CONTEST RULES
- The 2016 Python Challenge™ Photo Contest call for entries will begin at 12:01 AM on Friday, January 22, 2016 and end at 11:59 PM on Friday, February 19, 2016.
PHOTOS AND SUBMISSION
- Photo contestants must submit their own original photos. Photos taken by someone other than the contestant will not be eligible for prizes.
- Photos taken by photo contestants under the age of 18 years must be submitted by the minor contestant’s parent or legal guardian.
- Anyone may participate; photo contestants do not have to be registered for the 2016 Python Challenge™ to participate in the Photo Contest.
- Photos must be taken in Florida.
- Photoshop or other editing software must not be used (such as to add or remove elements etc.); but filters, like those available in the Instagram app, may be used.
- Photo content must be appropriate for viewers of all ages.
- Each week will have a theme, and contestants will be asked to submit entries each week based on that week’s theme.
- Photos must be posted to Instagram** with the appropriate theme during the correct theme week and tagged #PythonChallenge to be considered.
- Themes will be announced the day the theme starts each week on our Instagram account and on PythonChallenge.org
- The FWC will review photos and choose two photos each week as finalists from each theme.
- If a contestant has their photo chosen as a finalist, they will be notified via Instagram (please be sure your Instagram account is PUBLIC.) Once notified, the contestant may use the email provided to send their original photo to the FWC in the highest resolution possible. The FWC will issue a permission form to the contestant by email. If the contestant chooses to release the image for the FWC to use, the contestant will return that signed permission form allowing the Agency to use the photo.
- Contestants who do not return their signed permission form to the FWC by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 19, 2015 will forfeit their chance to be included in the final vote and ineligible to win prizes.
- The FWC will feature the 8 finalist photos (after receiving permission forms) on the MyFWC Facebook page before 5:00 PM on Monday, February 22, 2016.
- Facebook users will be able to vote on the 8 finalist photos from Monday, February 22, 2016 until 10:59 AM on Friday, February 26, 2016.
- The grand prize winner receives a GoPro Hero camera.
- Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received and popular vote.
- The Photo Contest winner will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on February 27, 2016. The prize for the Photo Contest will be given at the Awards Ceremony, but if the winner cannot attend, the winner will receive their prize by mail.
- The contestants who submitted the 7 Honorable Mention photos will receive a Python Challenge™ Prize Pack. Honorable Mention winners can receive their Python Challenge™ Prize Pack at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday, February 27, 2016, or by mail, to be mailed out no later than March 10, 2016.
- FWC employees and their families are not eligible to win prizes.